Read these separate articles to better understand the many pieces of our program:
- CJC Athlete Agreement (Code of Conduct)
- Cog Wild waiver (sign once per year)
- CJC Training Guide for Junior Bike Racers
- CJC Intro to Racing
- TeamSnap Setup
- Youth Mountain Bike Equipment Suggestions
Athlete Agreement & Waiver
Parents and riders must review and acknowledge our CJC Athlete Agreement (Code of Conduct) and Cog Wild waiver once each season during registration.
Health & Safety
Building health & staying safe are top priorities. We train our coaches in these areas but riders need to know what resources and information are available for themselves to take ownership of their riding, health and safety.
- SafeSport – everyone deserves respect within a positive environment, free from bullying, hazing and harassment. As a USA Cycling Club, CJC coaches are all required to have SafeSport training — here are additional free resources for riders & parents:
- Concussion Awareness – all riders must be “removed from play” by law if a concussion is suspected and clearance from a doctor must be given before returning to practice.
- CDC Guidelines for removal / return to play
- CJC recommends that riders get baseline testing if it’s offered at your school or at The Center; and in case of suspected concussion that you go to a local urgent care that day and follow up with The Center if you’re experiencing ongoing symptoms.
- 1st Aid – our local Red Cross offers various types of first aid appropriate for teenagers as they start riding more on their own, or they can look at Bend Parks & Rec Outdoor Services or other providers to get wilderness first-aid training.
- Stop the Bleed – a free and amazing resource for riders as they start riding on their own, this can save lives.
- Skills with Phil — good introductions to certain skills
- Ben Cathro — World Cup DH previews to in-depth skills ideas to get you thinking
- Red Bull Bike — from live World Cups & comps to rider profiles and features
- Check out Cog Wild’s Private Skills Lessons & Progression Sessions for adult mountain bike instruction.
- We at Cog Wild and Cascadia Junior Cycling follow the PMBI certification & methods for mountain biking skills instruction, check them out at https://pmbia.org/
- Durango Devo is another club that inspires us to do awesome things for our riders and coaches, learn about their philosophy here.