Read these separate articles to better understand the many pieces of our program:
- CJC Training Guide for Junior Bike Racers
- CJC Intro to Racing
- TeamSnap Setup
- Youth Mountain Bike Equipment Suggestions
Health & Safety
Building health & staying safe are top priorities. We train our coaches in these areas but riders need to know what resources and information are available for themselves to take ownership of their riding, health and safety.
- Concussion Awareness – all riders must be “removed from play” by law if a concussion is suspected and clearance from a doctor must be given before returning to practice.
- SafeSport – everyone deserves respect within a positive environment, free from bullying, hazing and harassment. As a USA Cycling Club, CJC coaches are all required to have SafeSport training — here are additional free resources for riders & parents:
- 1st Aid – our local Red Cross offers various types of first aid appropriate for teenagers as they start riding more on their own, or they can look at Bend Parks & Rec Outdoor Services or other providers to get wilderness first-aid training.
- Stop the Bleed – a free and amazing resource for riders as they start riding on their own, this can save lives.
- Skills with Phil — good introductions to certain skills
- Ben Cathro — World Cup DH previews to in-depth skills ideas to get you thinking
- Red Bull Bike — from live World Cups & comps to rider profiles and features
- Check out Cog Wild’s Private Skills Lessons & Progression Sessions for adult mountain bike instruction.
- We at Cog Wild and Cascadia Junior Cycling follow the PMBI certification & methods for mountain biking skills instruction, check them out at https://pmbia.org/
- Durango Devo is another club that inspires us to do awesome things for our riders and coaches, learn about their philosophy here.