Presented by Cog Wild
We anticipate the return of cyclocross racing this fall at the local, regional and national level. Our Camp and Team will help juniors prepare, train, travel and race together for a successful and fun race season!
- Create stoke within a supportive Team atmosphere
- Keep your cyclocross-specific skills sharp
- Fun training rides with workouts and skills development
- TrainingPeaks & Team Snap for training and communication
2021 Cascadia Junior Cyclocross Camp
For Ages 13 – 19, this 4-day camp is for experienced riders with cyclocross bikes who want to train skills, learn tactics and boost your fitness for the fall race season.
- August 5 – 8, 2021 in Hood River, Oregon
- Thursday: 9 AM depart Bend with CJC Riders, or meet us at the venue between Noon – 1 PM for check-in. Transportation is included from Bend. Intros and group ride. Dinner included.
- Friday & Saturday: full day with long ride and skills session, breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
- Sunday: mock racing in the morning, debrief, breakfast & lunch included. Depart 1PM.
- OBRA annual or single event memberships are required
- Camping on private property
- Bring a tent or share with a friend
- Camping is for our juniors and staff only, not available for families of riders, sorry.
- Cooking our own food so we can eat well and learn about nutrition
- Skills Sessions each day to focus on specific skills, drills and movements unique to cyclocross
- Group Rides will focus on building endurance and exploring the rough, rugged, steep terrain of the Columbia Gorge and Mt Hood National Forest.
- Cyclocross bike with 33 – 45c tires (wider are better because the roads are very rough, 38c is a sweet spot for most riders on this terrain) — tubes are great because it’s easier to replace a tube than patch a tire on a long ride.
- Good level of fitness and well-rested coming in. Must have experience with 4-hour rides on hilly terrain. Ages 13 – 19.
- Positive attitude, desire to work hard, help each other, and learn from your peers & coaches.
- Must be able to carry with you: 2 extra tubes, multi-tool, 2 water bottles, snack, layers for mountain weather
- COST: $300 with tuition assistance if needed email Bill@cogwild.com
Cyclocross Team Fall 2021
For Ages 12 – 19, we plan to return to racing local, regional and national events this fall. Full details coming soon.
- Fall Season
- Group rides, online training support and event support from Sept 15 through Cyclocross State Champs for local racers and Nationals for those attending.
- Meeting at Cog Wild at LOGE
- Details coming soon
From January to Spring Break. A modern off-season designed to help you enter the season stronger, fitter and smarter! More details coming this fall.
Team Clothing & Uniforms
Jerseys / bibs other race uniforms will be made available for purchase separately.
Coach Bill has been guiding developing riders through all aspects of becoming a better rider and athlete since 2005.
Our coaches all bring different insights & experiences to our training that help everyone improve.