We are looking forward to the return of cyclocross racing this fall at the local, regional and national level. Lead by head coach Bill Warburton, the CX Team prepares juniors for a successful season whether they stay in Bend, travel to OBRA events or want to podium at Nationals.
- Create stoke within a supportive team atmosphere
- Develop & maintain cyclocross-specific skills
- Fun training rides balanced with workouts and skills development
- TrainingPeaks for training plan and training log
- TeamSnap for schedule, trip planning & communication
Cyclocross Team Fall 2023
For Ages 10 – 19
Fall CX Team Overview:
- Strength training – see below
- Team practice on Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Local race support for Thrilla races and some OBRA race weekends
- Regional van trips and race support to many OBRA events
- Online training support & periodic rider training reviews
Regular Season 10-week Schedule:
- Wednesdays: September 13 – November 15
- September 13 through November 1, 3:30 – 6:00 PM, meeting at LOGE
- Nov 8, 15 practice will end at 5 PM due to time change
- Thanksgiving Break Bonus Rides!
- Meet up at Thrilla Race Series for course preview and either race or do a workout in September
- Oct 5 – Nov 2, Thursdays 4:30 – 6:30, meeting location TBD
- Nov 9, 16, 23 time TBD based on daylight and schedule of riders
- Optional trips to OBRA events, prioritizing Junior Race Series and Crusade Series
- Some bonus training rides
- Possible trips to regional or National events with a minimum of 4 riders
- Otherwise use the training plan to know what to do
Extended Season Practice Schedule:
- If riders continue past Thanksgiving Break to Nationals we will offer an extended training plan, strength and group ride plan.
- Because Nationals are on the East Coast this year the group may be small, so we will decide as we get closer.
Tentative Team Race Schedule: local, day trip or overnighters, each trip depends on actual interest / rsvps. Local races are good for training but we encourage riders to do the OBRA races outside Bend to have a better sense of the cyclocross scene and regional / national events become important as riders seek UCI points or USAC rankings.
Events in red are included in tuition for riders to take the team van to the event.
9/7 Thrilla in Bend (local training race) 9/10 Corn Cross Boring, Oregon (OBRA race, day trip confirmed) 9/14 Thrilla in Bend (local training race) 9/21 Thrilla in Bend (local training race) 9/24 Madras CX Madras, OR (OBRA race, day trip confirmed) 9/28 Thrilla in Bend (local training race) 10/8 Zaaldercross Alderbrook Park, Washington (OBRA race, day trip confirmed)
- 10/15 Cyclocross Crusade PIR Heron Lakes (OBRA race, On Your Own)
- 10/22 Cyclocross Crusade PIR INFIELD (OBRA race, day trip confirmed)
- 10/28, 10/29 Day trip (possible overnight) to Cascade Locks (OBRA race, day or overnight trip)
- Trip to Missoula for Pan Am Championship on Nov 4 & 5, 2023, trip confirmed (USAC / UCI race)
- Missoula is same weekend as OBRA CX Champs, will talk through support for that race as we get closer
- 11/12 Cyclocross Crusade Rainier (OBRA race, long drive for day trip, we will discuss as we get closer)
- Trip to Nationals pending Dec 6 – 11 — minimum 4 riders to go as a team. (Read our Intro to Racing article for a primer about points, rankings and how to prepare for this bigger events.)
Tuition CX Fall 2023
Starting October 2, 2023 we are officially now at Embark Fitness on Mondays from 4:30 – 5:30 for our team strength session. See Step 3 for an additional membership deal:
From January to Spring Break. A modern off-season designed to help you enter the season stronger, fitter and smarter! More details coming this fall.
Team Clothing & Uniforms
Jerseys / bibs other race uniforms will be made available for purchase separately.
RECAP: August 5 – 8, 2021 in Hood River, Oregon
Cyclocross Camp 2021 was a huge success!