Trips to events, races and other fun places to ride.
- ALL MTN = All Mountain Team
- Usually ages 13+
- DH = downhill
- ED = Enduro
- CDC = Cascadia Dirt Cup Enduro Series
- XC = Cross-Country Team
- Usually ages 10+
- STXC = Short Track
- XC = Cross-Country (can range from circuit to long point to point)
- JR Series = OBRA Junior Series event for Individual & Team points
- EVERYONE = Recreational Riders, XC Team and All MTN Team Riders are all invited
- Overnight Trip Guidelines
Overnight Trip Guidelines
For our coaches:
- Only coaches who are in good standing with all of our required employment checks & safety trainings can lead an overnight trip. These include criminal background checks, good driving record, SafeSport (harassment / bullying / safe environment), Concussion Recognition Training, first aid, etc.
- Coaches have duty of care for the entire trip.
- Supervision timing and requirements may be delegated between coaches by the trip leader as long as all staff and participants are made aware.
- All staff & adults will have appropriate rooms / facilities separated from minors / participants.
For our participants:
- As a minor it is our duty to supervise you for the entire duration of the trip. Therefore, it is a privilege to attend; participants who jeopardize the safety of anyone on the trip, who break laws or violate our code of conduct may be removed from the trip.
- Participants will have appropriately assigned & separated rooms / tents / areas for sleeping, bathrooms, etc.
- Use or possession of tobacco, alcohol or any illegal or WADA-banned performance enhancing drugs will result in notification of proper authorities and immediate departure at the expense of the participant’s parent/guardian. If illegal activity results in detention by authorities, parents shall have the responsibility for all intervention, counsel, and transportation.
- Curfew & lockdown will be established nightly and adhered to by all participants.
- Participants may not leave the premises / group / house / hotel unless they receive permission to do so.
- Malicious or willful damage/theft of property by a participant shall result in the participant being sent home at parent’s/guardian’s expense. Parents and participants assume full financial responsibility for damages, transportation and other associated costs.
- Participants are expected to use appropriate language, common sense, and discretion at all times. They must be respectful and courteous to the chaperones, fellow participants, bus drivers, and employees of the place of destination.
- Luggage and personal items are subject to search at any time if our staff have reasonable suspicion that the luggage or personal items contain contraband.
- Cascadia Junior Cycling & CogWild are not responsible for any lost or damaged personal items.
By enrolling for an overnight trip, I understand that failure to comply with any of the Cascadia Junior Cycling’s overnight trip rules may result in my immediate departure from the trip. Any violation of a law or trip rule may result in my parent/guardian being contacted immediately and the proper authorities being notified.