Eight riders from CJC participated in the Mountain Bike National Championship in Winter Park, CO.
“Racing at almost 10,000 feet in elevation makes every decision that much more important,” says Coach Bill Warburton. “Riders have to prepare differently in their training and then once we’re on site — warming up, start tactics, pacing on the course, nutrition and hydration — we worked hard to ensure riders were fully prepared so they could give their best performances. Unfortunately, Zane was not able to compete in the xc race due to covid, but he came back strong for the short track, and Jenna had a crash on Tuesday where she broke her collarbone, so she was not able to race her events.”
Despite the setbacks, our team rallied to support each other, have fun and race well against the best riders in the country in massive fields of up to 120 riders.
- Ian Brown – 17-18 JR MEN: XCO 27th, STXC 17th
- Peter Bentley – 15-16 JR MEN: XCO 58th
- Will Fogarty – 15-16 JR MEN: XCO 89th
- Cooper Garland – 15-16 JR MEN: XCO 105th
- Madeline Stover – 17 – 18 JR WOMEN: XCO 22nd, STXC 20th
- Zane Strait – 15-16 JR MEN: STXC 24th