Oakridge mountain biking is some of Oregon’s finest. A former timber town, Oakridge is now known for its hundreds of miles of sweet single track that beckons riders from all over the world. Oakridge is steep, green, and loamy. In two words – hero dirt.
Cog Wild provides guided rides, skills instruction and mountain bike shuttles in Oakridge, Oregon. We’ll get you on trails that are right for you.
Guided rides are a great introduction the extensive trail network around Oakridge and Westfir. Half-day, full-day and multi-day options are available for individuals, groups and families.
Our experienced coaches are experts at teaching you or your group the basics of mountain biking or helping you take your riding to the next level.
Get a gravity assist and skip hours of climbing on gravel roads. Shuttles depart from various locations around Oakridge. Plan to be self sufficient on all shuttles.
Willamette Mountain Mercantile, Oakridge’s only bike shop, carries Santa Cruz and Ibis Cycles rental bikes. They are a full service bike shop, offering same day service on repairs, and all the bits and pieces you may need for bike focused adventures or other recreation in Oakridge.
Willamette Mountain Mercantile is located at 48080 Highway 58, across the road from the Ray’s grocery store in Oakridge. Reserve a bike here: https://oakridgebikeshop.com/mountain-bikes/ or get in touch with the shop: firstname.lastname@example.org 541-782-1800
Camping & Lodging:
- Check out Cog’s Airbnb! Perfectly situated in Uptown Oakridge, within walking distance to the pub and local restaurants and a quick ride to the bike shop. Ride loops from the house or coast down to our headquarters to catch a shuttle.
- Salmon Creek Campground, east of Oakridge, is the best option. The campground is tiny, show up mid week to snag a choice site. Expect it to be full on weekends. First come first served, no reservations.
- Black Canyon Campground, west of Oakridge, is a big campground with 75 sites, many along the Willamette River.
- Blue Pool Campground, first come first served, no reservations.
- Tired Dog Ranch, private campground & lodging.