Nestled in the West Cascades Ecoregion, Oakridge is a former timber and logging town that is now known for world class single track trail. Cog Wild provides guided rides, skills instruction and mountain bike shuttles in Oakridge, Oregon from May 1 through October 31 annually.
Our PMBI certified coaches instruct both private lessons and group clinics.
Get a gravity assist to skip hours of climbing gravel roads.
Cog Wild Oakridge Office
48241 E. First St. Oakridge, OR 97463
(Corner of 1st & Pine in Uptown)
Willamette Mountain Mercantile, Oakridge’s only bike shop, carries Santa Cruz and Ibis Cycles rental bikes. They are a full service bike shop, offering same day service on repairs, and a variety of outdoor gear for bike and non bike related recreation. Reserve a bike here or contact the shop directly: email@example.com, phone: 541-782-1800
Camping & Lodging
- Check out Cog Wild’s Airbnb! Perfectly situated in Uptown Oakridge; within walking distance to the pub and local restaurants and a quick ride to the bike shop. Ride loops from the house or coast down to our headquarters to catch a shuttle.
- Schmid Acres vacation rentals have two properties: one sleeps four and the other sleeps 8 +
- Salmon Creek Campground, east of Oakridge, is the best option. The campground is tiny so show up mid week to snag a choice site. Expect it to be full on weekends. First come first served, no reservations.
- Black Canyon Campground, west of Oakridge, is a big campground with 75 sites, many along the Willamette River. Reservations can be made online.
- Blue Pool Campground, first come first served, no reservations.
- Tired Dog Ranch, private campground & lodging.
- Oakridge Trail Information
- Oakridge Trail Map & Conditions from Bend Trails
- NOAA forecast for Oakridge Here is the forecast for town of Oakridge, but please consider that the trails we shuttle to are at higher elevations, so expect temperatures to be about 10 degrees colder at the top of the trail.
- NOAA forecast for the top of Alpine Trail Oregon’s mountainous terrain means weather can vary and change quickly. Check the weather prior to your visit so you can be prepared. Carry a long sleeve jersey on clear days, and a rain jacket on any cloudy or misty days.
- Climograph for Central Oregon Weather
- Recreation on the Middle Fork District of the Willamette National Forest
- Our Vacation Planning Tips for Mountain Bikers