Oakridge mountain biking is some of Oregon’s finest. A former timber town, Oakridge is now renowned for hundreds of miles of sweet single track that beckons riders from all over the world. Oakridge is steep, green, and loamy. In two words – hero dirt.
A guided ride with Cog Wild is a great way to get in some epic riding and an insiders view of this former logging and mill town. Cog Wild’s local guides know what trails are riding well and have a reputation for sending folks home with tired faces from too much grinning. Let us help you find the perfect trails for your trip.
With a shuttle assisted guided ride we figure out the logistics and take you to the goods; you spend less time grinding up, and more time shredding down. Riding in Oakridge is mountainous and steep, but a network of backcountry roads wound amongst the mountains allows us to boost riders to the top of many areas best trails. We ride the classic trails; Alpine, Dead Mountain, and Lawler, and take you to some of the lesser known gems; Timpanogas, Moon Point, Bunchgrass, Grasshopper, Tire Mountain, Cloverpatch and Eula.
We guarantee you will be begging to come back for more! Book multiple days, there is lot to ride, we can guarantee a unique route each day with new trails and scenery, or do some laps of your favorite trails.
$150 per person (2 rider minimum). Coming with a group? Check out Oakridge Excursion
Oakridge Day tours start in Oakridge. If you are staying in Bend, you will need to drive to Oakridge.
Need Lodging? Cog Wild recommends Oakridge Lodge or our very own Airbnb! Perfectly situated in Uptown Oakridge, within walking distance to the pub and local restaurants and a quick ride to the bike shop.
For all your bike shop needs, including rentals, check out Willamete Mountain Mercantile.
A guided, shuttle assisted, Oakridge Mountain Biking Tour includes:
- Up to six-hours of the finest Oakridge mountain biking, personalized to your riding level
- Van service to the upper trailheads of our premier trails
- Local, expert and caring guides; let us dial you in to the shreddiest lines, best viewpoints, tastiest food, best watering holes, and local in’s and outs.
- Renting a bike? We will pick you up at the local shop, the Willamette Mountain Mercantile
- We’ll bring lunch: tasty sandwiches from the local favorite sandwich shop
- Tasty, filling and healthy snacks on the trail
- Trail tips and techniques for riding and wrenching on your bike.
Group Excursion: Have 6-14 riders? Reserve our Oakridge Group Excursion for $1,000 to get the whole van and a guide for up to 8 hours. $150 for every additional hour. Lunch is not included, but we will stop in town between shuttles. Advanced reservations required.
Offered daily, please book as far in advance as possible.
Cog Wild Office
48421 E First St (Corner of First and Pine in Uptown)
$150 per person
*Price Does Not Include:
- Mountain bike rentals. You can absolutely bring your own bike, or choose to rent a bike. Check in with “The Merc” for more information.
- Guide gratuity. If you like the ride, tip your guide!
Experienced beginner to expert. The variety trails offers something for riders of all skill levels.
Terrain & Trails
Narrow, fast, slow, smooth, rocky, rooty, steep and beautiful describe all the trails in Oakridge. You’ll ride through a wide variety of ecosystems and habitats – granddaddy old-growth stands, second growth Doug Firs, recent clear cuts, giant ferns, wildflower filled meadows, cold creek crossings, log bridges, exposure and rock outcroppings.
Recommended Clothing & Gear
- Hydration pack or backpack for carrying water, extra food and clothing.
- Helmets are required for all rides.
Be ready to share the following information
During the reservation process please be ready to share the following for each rider:
- Height and weight for the bike rental.
- Each rider’s mountain bike skill land fitness levels: beginner, intermediate or advanced and any additional details you would like to share.
- Allergies, dietary or medical restrictions.