Please see the COVID 19 guidelines that we are following to stay in compliance with the Oregon Health Authority.
Are you new to mountain biking and ready to learn new skills? Or are you a regular rider and eager to take it to the next level? Hiring a professional mountain bike coach can take your riding from “I’m just gonna try to hang on” to “I’ve got this!”
Cog Wild’s professional mountain bike coaches will help you become a more confident and skilled rider. Sign up for a full or half-day private skills clinic by yourself or with friend so that you are ready to tackle any challenge on the trail.
Interested in conquering Mt. Bachelor’s downhill park? Check out our Mt. Bachelor skills page here.
Mountain Bike Skills Lessons Include:
- Professional mountain bike coach
- Private one-on-one or small group skill building lesson, customized to your level
- Transportation from Cog Wild Headquarters to the trailhead.
- Half-day lesson includes on-trail snacks
- Full-day lesson includes on-trail lunch and snacks
- Complimentary Deschutes Brewery beer and Humm Kombucha.
Half-day skills lesson– 3.5 hours (10:30am or 12:30pm starts):
- 1 person – $200
- 2 people – $150 per person
- 3 people – $115 per person
- 4+ people – $100 per person
Full-day skills lesson– 5+ hours (9am start):
- 1 person – $275
- 2 people – $200 per person
- 3 people – $150 per person
- 4+ people – $125 per person
*Price does not include bike rental. See our bike rental page for more information.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
6 – 20 miles, depending on rider skill levels.
Varies for all lessons.
The base of Mt. Bachelor is 6,000ft. The lift goes up to mid-mountain at 7,775ft
Beginner to advanced. Skills clinics are customized for you or your group.
Terrain & Trails
Local trails are mostly fast and flowy, but we’ll incorporate more technical or advanced features to challenge your newly developed skills.
Recommended clothing & gear for a full or half day lesson:
- Exercise clothes, such as comfortable shorts or leggings, t-shirts and athletic shoes are great.
- Bring a layer such as a long sleeve sweatshirt or lightweight jacket.
- Hydration packs are recommended for carrying drinking water.
- Helmets are required on all rides. Gloves are recommended.
- Pads are optional if they will make you feel more comfortable trying new things.
Can I use my own bike?
Yes! Your own bike is best because you are most familiar with it, but we can rent you a mountain bike if needed. Full suspension or downhill bikes are best for the advanced lessons at Mt. Bachelor.
I have been riding for a long time, what can you teach me?
Our coaches have experience with all skill levels. Advanced riders can work on technical trail riding, high speed cornering or jumps and drops.
I would like more than a one-day clinic. Do you offer anything?
- Consider booking an additional lesson with the same coach; if possible wait a few days or weeks between lessons so you can practice your skills.
- Join a single day guided ride for later that week to get on trail experience.