Oakridge. Ahhh, Oakridge.
With trail section names like “Jedi Forest”, “Chrome Toilet”, and “Windy Pass”, Oakridge trails are epic, heart pounding, and incredibly scenic mountain bike adventures. Riding through Oakridge’s deep forests and steep terrain will remind you of prehistoric lands and mythical creatures. You’ll swear you saw a forest elf out of the corner of your eye as you fly down fast and narrow ribbons of tread. And you might see stars as you climb up into meadows bursting with wildflowers and panoramic views of the Western Cascades.
Are you ready to ride hard and sleep well? The Oakridge Lodge, within walking distance to the pub, is the perfect base for a full three-day vacation in the Oakridge area. Cog Wild will put you up at the lodge, take you out to dinner and guide you on some of Oakridge’s best trails. Come with us—we know all the good on-trail lunch spots, scenic overlooks and picture worthy places.
Book today—these tours will likely sell out quickly! (Hint: we have a wait list for the guides that want to work on this tour, if that tells you anything!)
This Oakridge Mountain Biking Adventure includes:
- 3 days of awesome mountain biking
- Local, expert and caring guides.
- Transportation to and from Bend, on tour start and end dates.
- Transportation and shuttles throughout the tour.
- 3 nights lodging at the Oakridge Lodge
- Meals: All your meals from dinner on day one to lunch on day three including dinners at Brewers Union Local 180 and Oakridge Lodge, as well as on-trail snacks.
- Complimentary Deschutes Brewery beer, Crater Lake Spirits, and Humm Kombucha.
- Cog Wild t-shirt.
- Cog Wild patch
- June 13-16
- August 15-18
- September 19-22
- *If these dates don’t work for you, contact us to create a custom tour for you and your group of 4 or more!
Meet at Cog Wild Headquarters in Bend at 5:00pm or at the Oakridge Lodge in Oakridge, Oregon that evening.
$1095 per person
*Price Does Not Include:
- Mountain bike rentals. You can absolutely bring your own bike, or choose to rent a bike. See our bike rentals page for more information.
- Additional activities such as rafting or fishing on the Middle Fork of the Willamette River.
- Airport shuttles to and from the Redmond (RDM) Airport. You will need to arrange for your transportation to/from Bend (15 miles). We recommend Enviro Shuttle or Redmond Airport Shuttle.
- Trip Insurance. We highly recommend purchasing trip insurance for the unforeseeable. See our cancellation policy below.
- Guide gratuity. If you like the ride, tip your guide!
Cog Wild follows the below policy for every multi-day tour guest:
- All multi day tours will be charged a 50% deposit per person at the time of booking, $100 of which will be non-refundable.
- Cancellations 30-14 days prior to the tour: The participant will be required to pay 50% of trip price.
- Cancellations within 14 days: No refund.
Note: Guests can transfer to another tour at least 2 weeks in advance. If transferring tours to next year, transfer is good for the following year only. Personal emergencies do not void cancellation policy and tours go rain or shine. Travel insurance that covers trip cancellation as well as trip interruption is highly recommended.
50 – 75 miles over the 3-day vacation.
1,200 – 6,000 feet
Mid-intermediate to advanced. Riders should be physically fit and have various experience and skill with sustained climbs, steep descents and technical features.
Terrain & Trails
Narrow, fast, slow, smooth, rocky, rooty, steep and beautiful describe all the trails in Oakridge. You’ll also sample a wide variety of terrain – granddaddy old-growth trees, recent clear cuts, giant ferns, natural meadows, cold creek crossings, log bridges, exposure and rock outcroppings.
Recommended Clothing & Gear
Prepare for three full days of riding, so bring adequate clothing, including riding gloves and layers for a variety of weather. Hydration packs are necessary for carrying food and water. Helmets are required for all rides. Bring a swimsuit for dipping in the river!
After meeting in Bend in the early evening, we will drive over to Oakridge. We will have dinner on our way to Oakridge that evening. Once there, we will settle in for the night. This gives us all time to have a great sleep before an epic day of riding!
After a great breakfast at Oakridge Lodge, we’ll hope on a shuttle or to hit some of the amazing trails Oakridge has to offer. We won’t lie to you. This is the meat of mountain biking in Oakridge and this first day will include a few steep climbs, heavenly forested traverses, tight switchbacks, and brake searing descents that will have you grinning. Just don’t blame us for the bugs in your teeth! We’ll hit the local brewpub, Brewers Unions Local 180, in town to rub shoulders with the local trail builders and enjoy dinner and an English style beer.
Mileage: 12-20 miles.
The second day takes you to the crown jewel in the Oakridge castle of gems—Alpine Trail. Mountain bikers come from all over the country just to ride some of the fastest, swoopiest, loamiest dirt you can sink your knobbies into. There are several options and lengths for this ride. We can shuttle it, loop it, or add more to it to get over a 30-mile ride, if desired. We’ll finish the day at a swimming hole, surrounded by smooth, sun baked rocks on the river, with a cold beer in hand. Enjoy delicious dinner at the Westfir Lodge, then sweet dreams of more trails for tomorrow.
Mileage: 20-35 miles
Since we haven’t even scratched the surface, we have tons of options for the last day. We’ll see what you are up for and decide between twisty river trails, more elevation dropping descents or classic trails that wind through the dark forests. Your dream mountain bike vacation will live on in memory, but you might have to book another trip to see more of what Oakridge has to offer!