Presented by Cog Wild
Summer 2020 Updated: MTB Skills Camps
Due to precautions necessary under our COVID-19 guidelines we have made several changes to our summer programs:
- Camps are four consecutive days, Monday through Thursday, from 8:30 – 12:30 PM
- No Single Rides or Drop Ins; we must have stable cohort groups for each week due to COVID precautions outlined by the Oregon Health Authority. UPDATED JUNE 3, 2020
- Increased the minimum age: riders must be 7+ years old as of June 1, 2020.
- Smaller Group Sizes and Reduced Daily Total to allow for transportation and distancing.
- Narrower Age Groups in each camp: Each week now has a specific target group.
Four Consecutive Half-Days
Each week is set for a particular age group
Beginner, to Experienced Intermediate
4-day Skills Progression
What to Expect
- Beginners, Intermediate and Experienced Intermediate Riders are welcome!
- We will break into groups by ability each day as necessary.
- Riders should be prepared to
- We meet and finish at the LOGE CAMPS Bend.
- We’ll explore the local trails, work on skills, and progress our riding every day!
- These camps are for riders who want to expand their abilities, improve fitness and work towards longer rides or more challenging terrain.
- Our coaches and guides are passionate about teaching junior riders how to properly execute maneuvers and skills that match their ability so that they can be safe and have fun on the trails!
We are creating camps first by age, then we will break into riding groups by experience & ability. Our goal is to create stable groups for the entire four days so we get to know our riders, help them progress and comply with COVID precautions.
Camp Schedule Summer 2020
Use your rider’s real age as of June 1, 2020:
- Ages 7, 8, 9
- Camp 1, June 15-18
- Camp 4, July 6-9
- Camp 6, July 20-23
- Camp 8, August 3-6
- Ages 10, 11, 12
- Camp 2, June 22-25
- Camp 3, June 29 – July 2 – Intermediate Ages 10 – 13
- Camp 5, July 13-16
- Camp 7, July 27-30
- Camp 9, August 10-13
- Ages 13 – 18
- Camp 3, June 29 – July 2 – Beginner 13 – 16
- Camp 10, August 17-20
- Meet at LOGE between 8:20 – 8:30
- Checkin begins at 8:30
- 4 hour session
- Return to LOGE by 12:30
- Bring a snack, water and proper clothing
- Ride plans and further details will be shared with riders once registered.
Skills Progression Example
- Our basic outline is listed below, but camps will be flexible enough to accommodate returning riders and create enough variety so that riders are always progressing.
- Monday: assessments, skills introductions and easy ride / shuttle
- Tuesday: longer ride in groups to have fun and identify skills that need refinement
- Wednesday: skills focus day, shorter riding, more time for feedback from coaches to riders
- Thursday: put skills to good use with a shuttle and longer ride
Summer Junior MTB Skills Camp Pricing
- 4-Day Camp = $200 (4 x 4-hour sessions)
- 10% Off Multi-Child Discount when you book siblings for a 4-day camp — email us if it’s not automatically applied at checkout.