UPDATED August 11, 2021
If no update is posted / emailed / texted, then practice is ON.
If practice is cancelled, we will post on the homepage and notify you by email, TeamSnap & text if your number is in the system.
Decision timeframe: we want to make the call close enough to the start time to reflect actual conditions, but we know that you need time for your planning:
- Summer morning practices 7:00 – 7:15 AM
- Summer afternoon practices 2 PM
- After school practices by Noon
Using the OHA / OSSA Guidelines and referencing the Oregon DEQ sensor in Bend:
- RIDE AS PLANNED:
- No news is good news.
- If we are confident that we can ride in a location with suitable air quality then we will continue practice as planned and no notifications will be sent.
- AQI 2.5 of under 101 means practice will be on, and if smoke is present we will modify our activities.
- 101 – 150 with a trend / location / elevation / activity that is safe to ride means practice will be on.
- If the value is over 101+ with no obvious clearing trend, or no clear air at suitable riding locations, then practice will be cancelled.
- All cancelled rides will be transferred to credit for a make-up day or rescheduled practice; or you can take it as a refund minus a deposit per our cancellation policy.
- MARGINAL AQI Considerations:
- Options that we will consider include but are not limited to: modifying our practice location, ride plan, intensity, duration, activity; or you can notify us in advance that you will not attend practice due to the air quality and we will move your daily rate to store credit.
- Some Riders are more affected than others. If practice continues but the air quality is a concern for your Rider then please communicate that concern to us before practice by email or call our office so we can create a solution.
- No store credit for no-shows when practice is on.