Cog Wild Headquarters at 9:00am or at Horse Creek Lodge at 11:00am.
- $745 per person, double occupancy
- $135 additional single supplement fee
*Price Does Not Include:
- Mountain bike rentals. You can absolutely bring your own bike, or choose to rent a bike. See our bike rentals page for more information.
- Optional activities such as rafting the McKenzie River or soaking at Belknap Hot Springs.
- Airport shuttles to and from the Redmond (RDM) Airport are only available on tour start and end dates. If you come early or stay later, you’ll need to arrange for transportation. We recommend Enviro Shuttle or Redmond Airport Shuttle.
- Trip Insurance. We highly recommend purchasing trip insurance for the unforeseeable. See our cancellation policy below.
- Guide gratuity. If you like the ride, tip your guide!
Cog Wild follows the below policy for every multi-day tour guest:
- Cancel 61 or more days before your trip: $75 cancellation fee.
- Cancel 60 to 45 days before: $250 cancellation fee.
- Cancel 44 to 14 days before: The participant will be required to pay 50% of trip price.
- Cancel within 14 days: No refund.
Note: Guests can transfer to another tour at least 2 weeks in advance. If transferring tours to next year, transfer is good for the following year only. Personal emergencies do not void cancellation policy and tours go rain or shine. Travel insurance that covers trip cancellation as well as trip interruption is highly recommended. If we are able to re-sell your spot on a tour, we will refund you the full tour amount minus $75 handling fee.
55 – 70 miles over the 3-day vacation. Expect about 20 – 26 miles a day.
1,200 – 6,000 feet.
High intermediate to advanced. The route can vary in length and technical features, however, prepare for three full days of riding.
Terrain & Trails
A variety of cross-country singletrack trails with flowy and technical features such as: lava rock, slippery roots, exposure, creek crossings, steep climbs and descents. Scenery is as much green as you can take in—lush, moss covered forests, beautiful rivers, blue pools, wildflowers, and views of the western Cascades.
Recommended Clothing & Gear
Prepare for three full days of riding, so bring adequate clothing, including riding gloves and layers for a variety of weather. Hydration packs are necessary for carrying food and water. Helmets are required for all rides. Bring a swimsuit for dipping in the river or soaking in a hot spring!
Our tour dives right into the magic with this dreamy ride: King’s Castle to Castle Rock Trail. This singletrack starts in a deep old growth forest and climbs to the peak of Castle Rock, offering an amazing panoramic view of the area. Lunch on the summit is followed by 2,500 feet of smooth, fast downhill with some tight switchbacks to keep you on your toes. Back at the lodge, hike to a swimming hole, hit the pump track, play lawn games or relax at the outdoor fire pit with a cold one in hand, while our guides prepare the evening feast.
Mileage: 12-20 miles
The second day of the tour we ride the famous McKenzie River Trail! This deservedly well-known and popular trail is a mixture of technical singletrack with lava rock, roots and bridge crossings and flowy, fast sections. With stunning waterfalls and the “Blue Pool” along the way, this ride is a fabulous end to three great days of riding in amazing Oregon.
Mileage: 26 miles
We get into a bit of history today on the historic O’Leary Trail. Originally built by the Civilian Conservation Core in the 1930’s, today’s ride is a combination of flowy, fast trails mixed with hard climbs and technical sections. However, your hard work will pay off with 6,000 feet of descending. Yes, you read that correctly! We’ve been working for years to re-open this trail, which was hidden under heavy brush for decades. You will be some of the first riders to experience this trail since it has been restored. In the evening, we might take the opportunity to soak the bones at nearby Belknap Hot Springs.
Mileage: 20+ miles