Join Cog Wild to view the Solar Eclipse by bike! We will depart early to get to the trail head and go to a special viewing point in the woods. We will watch this unique experience with libations and food and then head down the trail back to town on solar power! You can expect a couple hours of viewing and relaxing, and about 4 hours of riding.
On Monday, August 21, 2017, all of North America will be treated to an eclipse of the sun. Anyone within the path of totality can see one of nature’s most awe-inspiring sights – a total solar eclipse. This path, where the moon will completely cover the sun and the sun’s tenuous atmosphere – the corona – can be seen, will stretch from Lincoln Beach, Oregon to Charleston, South Carolina. Bend is just outside of the path of totality, meaning we will have nearly a 3 hour window to watch the moon cover the sun to about 95%.
Enjoy this once in a lifetime event in the woods with friends and family and Cog Wild for the Bicyclipse!
THIS DAY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Up to six-hour long mountain bike tour including Eclipse viewing
- Local, expert and caring guides.
- Shuttle to the trail head.
- Special eclipse watching glasses.
- Food and drinks at special viewing spot.
- Tasty, filling and healthy snacks on the trail.
- Cog Wild water bottle.
- Complimentary post-ride Deschutes Brewery beer, Crater Lake Spirits, and/or Humm Kombucha after returning to Cog Wild.