Start Location: Meet at Cog Wild Headquarters at 9:00am.
$180 single supplement fee
*Price Does Not Include:
- All meals outside of description—two breakfasts and two dinners in Bend and one dinner in Oakridge. Bend has wonderful dining options so you can choose where to eat every night. We’ll all eat dinner at Brewers Union Local 180, but guests are responsible for paying for their dinner and beers.
- Mountain bike rentals. You can absolutely bring your own bike, or choose to rent a bike. See our bike rentals page for more information.
- Airport shuttles to and from the Redmond (RDM) Airport. You will need to arrange for your transportation to/from Bend (15 miles). We recommend Enviro Shuttle or Redmond Airport Shuttle.
- Trip Insurance. We highly recommend purchasing trip insurance for the unforeseeable. See our cancellation policy below.
- Guide gratuity. If you like the ride, tip your guide!
Cancellation Policy. Cog Wild follows the below policy for every multi-day tour guest:
- All multi day tours will be charged a 50% deposit per person at the time of booking, $100 of which will be non-refundable.
- Cancellations 30-14 days prior to the tour: The participant will be required to pay 50% of trip price.
- Cancellations within 14 days: No refund.
Note: Guests can transfer to another tour at least 2 weeks in advance. If transferring tours to next year, transfer is good for the following year only. Personal emergencies do not void cancellation policy and tours go rain or shine. Travel insurance that covers trip cancellation as well as trip interruption is highly recommended. If we are able to re-sell your spot on a tour, we will refund you the full tour amount minus $75 handling fee.
92 – 100 miles over the 4-day vacation. Expect about 22 miles a day.
Mid-intermediate to advanced. Riders should be physically fit and have various experience and skill with mountain biking.
Terrain & Trails
The terrain and trails vary widely between Bend and Oakridge—that’s what is awesome about this tour as you get to experience a lot. Bend trails are generally fast and flowy, with a few rocks and logs thrown into the mix. Scenery on Bend area trails ranges from high cascades alpine meadows to high desert pine trees. Oakridge trails have literally everything—narrow, fast, slow, smooth, rocky, rooty and steep uphills and downhill. Expect some exposure, technical terrain and creek crossings.
Recommended Clothing & Gear
Prepare for four full days of riding, so bring adequate clothing, including layers for a variety of weather. Hydration packs are necessary for carrying food and water. Helmets are required for all rides. Bring a swimsuit for dipping in the river! Bend and Oakridge are both casual mountain towns. Bend has more upscale dining opportunities if interested.
Day 1 takes you on Bend’s newest and most progressive trails in the Wanoga Trail Network. We’ll shuttle you to the top, and guide you on a variety of mountain bike specific trails back to town. You’ll be awed by views of snow capped volcanic mountains as you grind up short climbs and swoop down fast, loamy descents. We’ll be sure to stop for lunch at the best on-trail spots. Dinner is on your own at one of Bend’s many awesome dining options.
Mileage: 25 miles
Today you’ll ride from the Cascade crest back to Bend. We’ll start at the base of Mt. Bachelor at Dutchman Flat and ride up to 35 miles of sweet singletrack bliss as we make our way back to town. This is a classic Central Oregon ride, but there are many options depending on the conditions for that day. However we go, you will sure to experience miles of fast flowing sections, rocky outcroppings, scenic alpine views, and swoopy forest cruising. As we descend in elevation, you’ll see the changing ecosystems as we go. Enjoy another Bend dinner at the restaurant of your choice.
Mileage: 30+ miles
Grab breakfast at your hotel, and then off we go over the mountains to Oakridge for some sweet mountain biking on Alpine Trail, perhaps Oakridge’s most famous trail. You’ll skip the long gravel road climb because we’ll shuttle you right to the singletrack. Depending on how everyone feels, we can add on additional trails such as Tire Mountain Trail and Cloverpatch Trail (why quit early?) After checking into the Oakridge Lodge, we’ll walk to dinner and brews at Brewers Union Local 180, a British style ale public house and brewery.
Mileage: 18-28 miles
Since we haven’t even scratched the surface in Oakridge, we have tons of options for the last day. We’ll see what you are up for and decide between twisty river trails, more elevation dropping descents or classic trails that wind through the dark forests. Afterwards, pile back in the van for the 2-hour drive back to Bend, ending the tour. Need more? Check out our full line up of Bend tours and Oakridge tours. We think you might want to come back for more.